Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The story of names........

Every one has different name at different location and among different group of friends. I too got several names, each of them have some reason to exist. Now lets start from the beginning. How I got the name which I currently having. As far as I remember my parents wanted to name me Rajeev inspired by PM of that time( Hope every one knows him). but the name gradually turned int to Ranjeet, this happened due to an accident in my childhood. The place where I was in the childhood, about 5-6 boys have name Ranjeet, all of them belongs to same locality. This leads to a lot of confusion while called. I don't have remember what exactly happened, but people started calling me Ranjeet some time by mistake and some time willingly. That time I was too young to understand. Until I got sense Rajeev was turned into Ranjeet. I forgot my previous name and accepted it as my friends knows me by Ranjeet my parents also didn't mind that and I was named Ranjeet in the next admission in school.
Further I was sifted in village for some time. There i got some nick name like bauwa, babu.
my grand ma used to call me babu, and villagers used to call me bauwa. There no one knows me except my family members by Ranjeet. Some people called me sudha inspired by "Budha" and my nature as I was not very aggressive for anything like other childs for the things like sweet, toys or any childish. My grand ma always worry that how I will survive in this world and always suggested me to improve me otherwise people will cheat you. One girl used to call me pardeshiya, as I got a light affair with her and since i lived far from my village for a long time. She was really gorgeous and kind(she is no more).
After that I came to Kanpur again and started my study from 5th standard(A long jump). That was very hard time for me to manage, any how I had to. some of my class mate used to call me by my father's name since there was one other person having same name so my class teacher wrote my name followed by my father's name in attendance sheet. I made several friend and results some new name for me. Some of my friend used to called me Baasu inspired by Ranjeet baasu, a nice character in the serial YUG(on doordarshan), it was the story of Indian freedom fighters. Some of my friends used to call me Rajju Bhaiya as i looks little elder among the members in my group. Some of my school friend used to call me Dr. Jackal inspired from Saktiman serial it was due an accident happened during an experiment in chemistry lab. Some of them call me padhaku, since I was the topper in my school. My play mate used to call me jonty roads as i was the best fielder in our cricket team (One member of this team Mr. Sunil Tripathi is currently a national level player). In the college (IIT-BHU), my friends call me Don, named by my room mate Mr. Pawan Kumar and he was named Machhar on the basis of some similarties(bhinnn).

No comments:

Post a Comment