Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Story of an early morning........................

A strange thing happened with me on a morning of winter. I had gone for the festival of "chhath" away from the home with the family of mine to worship on the river bank. Chhath(छठ) is an ancient Hindu festival dedicated to Lord Surya, the chief solar deity, where ever Biharies are settled they used to worship Lord Surya on this festival.
According to an ancient Sanskrit epic Mahābhārata the wife of the Pandavas (Draupadi), worshipping the sun, which was believed to help cure a variety of diseases, including leprosy, and ensure longevity and prosperity of family members, friends, and elders. In addition, it is believed that Chhath was started by Karna, the son of Surya, who became a great warrior.
So what happened that day is goes like this my mother had forgotten to take Aggarbatti, she told me to search for some shop and take some Aggarbatti. It was about 4 o'clock in the morning. this was really unpleasant work for me since i was little young to go alone in the dark fogy night. Any how I have to go so I started from there. I tried for good thoughts but you know what ever you try on such situation ultimately leads to same thing which you are trying to avoid. Suddenly I saw a fully dressed girl, I am sure she had put on all kind of ornaments which is available for a women in the market. At first sight I thanked God as I got someone on the road, since I was alone there. I was little happy and tried to reach slowly but couldn't since she was walking with same speed as I was. As usual her ornaments were making lovely sounds. I forgotten all the fear of fogy and deep black night(it was really night for me). But suddenly some thoughts came in mind, you don't believe I got remember all the horror stories told by grand ma. That time I was really fainted, earlier I was trying to reach to her and it seemed that distance between us increasing, now it seemed that it is decreasing as i was trying to get away form her. I didn't understand what to do. I started praying, then she turned to left and I to right and started running. Then what........
Nothing, I got a shop and took what ever I need and came back from other way. That incident was really funny but it was remembered for long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment